Thursday, November 10, 2011

Self Evaluation.

1. What have I contributed to the group project?

- I contributed to the group project by keeping the group organised, supported, help each group member with any problems that they faced and make sure we’re on track.


2. What would I do differently next time? Why?

For the real group project, I (preferably we) would assign roles specifically to each group member. This is because, sometimes, the group members are stuck in a dilemma between which work they are suppose to do.


3. What have I learnt about working together?

In this group, I have learnt that each group member have their own way of working and getting off track. I learnt to understand how to get these members to work efficiently by learning how easily they got off track.

I have also learnt that, this group was actually stable but tend to get discourage if there was a lack of support from the teacher.


4. What has been good/challenging about working as part of a group?

In this group, the good part of working as part of a group was that, I was able to ask for advice for the task that I was doing, Through all that, they are able to help me go through with the challenge. The group has confidence in the work that I was handling so gave support.

The challenging part of working as part of a group were the fact that I worked with 2 (use to be 3) other human beings of the opposite gender. I was unable to understand some part of their conversation & this lead to being confused for awhile. Sometimes, it took extra effort to get their attention to do work.


What have I learnt doing the project?

1. What have I learnt about;
a) deciding on and planning a project?

I learnt that deciding and planning a project is quite difficult because there were so many topics that were appealing, but yet, we were unable to choose one. I learnt this was difficult due to the fact there were some complications between the teacher and our group.


b) Planning and producing research?

Planning and producing research was actually an easy task to do because, once we knew what topic we wanted to focus on, the research were quite straight forward. Giving different roles towards each group member was easy since we didn’t mind what task were set out to us.

Collecting the data was quite troublesome in my perspective because I was basing my research on the future aspect & as how ‘interesting’ peak oil was to some people, it didn’t at all catch my attention.


c) reading and presenting my ideas?

I continuously and constantly gave ideas through the group. It was important to show support and commitment so the group didn’t feel discouraged.


d) time management?

My time management was not at its finest because, yet again, I didn’t see the point of giving your all on a mock project rather than your real project. I became this way because, every time the school told me there was going to be a Mock Exam, I would pretend it was my Real one (partially, because I also thought it was my Real Exam) then afterwards, when I found out, it was just a mock, I felt discourage so my Real Exam tend to be worse than my Mock.


2) What would you do differently to develop these skills?

I would develop these skills more effectively by always contributing more ideas, communicate to the group members more occasionally, give members advices and have a specific role to be finish with a deadline.


3) How did I approach my individual contribution?

I approach my individual contribution by constantly giving ideas, set the group members roles to do each class lesson, gave support and advices to each other.


4) What are the most valuable points I have learnt? Why?

The most valuable points that I have learnt were that I knew how the group members were like so this was good for me to understand what I had to do to for the Real Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment